Sunday, September 27, 2026

Argentina! Where Are Your Beaches!?


September 27th, 2026

    I've never done this before with articles, but since this blog doesn't get too much traffic I wont offend too many people. I'm going to start here, a published, YET unfinished article.... I will add as I learn more to this article.

     Argentina is the 8th largest country in the world, and has more coastline than most of the 195 countries in the world. I didn't even think about the beach before I got here to live 6 months ago, with such vast coast line, I figured I'd find my Miami Beach, my Bondi Beach, or my Florianopolis when I got there... It turns out a lot of Argentines go to Miami, Bondi, or of course Florianopolis for their beaches. It's not Alaska or Russia beaches, but for the overall size, the options are way more limited than you would think. Buenos Aires itself sits on the ocean along Rio De Plata, except it doesn't flow Plata, it flows mud, so it's okay to go fishing or even sailing, but don't think you'll be jumping in the waters soon. A lot of the coastline is muddy, rocky, or just too damn cold to swim. I'm not a fan of just the ocean view, I like the immersion. This working article is my journey to find great beaches to hang out, swim, and immerse be it through kayak, scuba, swim, etc. Enjoy!

Puerto Madryn Septemer 2026

Swim: sort of... Summer time
Scuba: year round with great wild life!
Beach front: Excellent, bars, dining, etc Scenic boardwalk
Ocean Activities: All the standards minus surfing, limited, but kite surfing possible


    We woke up to a beautiful sunrise in our ocean front Airbnb, an early morning to swim with the sea lions,a truly unforgettable experience. As we stepped foot onto the beautiful sands of the beautiful beaches of Puerto Madryn it occurred to me that I have been living on the ocean now for 6 months after living in the desert in Arizona for almost 20 years and this is my first time actually in the ocean since moving here!


     The sea life is unlike anything I ever experienced where you can actually swim, we swam with the sea lions, but we had up close and personal interactions with the whales and dolphins of the Atlantic down here as well boating. Come summer it's totally penguin season, we missed that but I'm sure we will catch them in November in Antarctica. Puerto Madryn gets a very high beach score. The water is definitely cold, when we swam my girlfriend went full dry suit, I went wet suit. The water was cold but bearable, however once we were swimming with the sea lions I had so much fun the water didn't bother me at all. This was early spring, the locals do swim a lot in the summer sans wet or dry suit, but the somewhat cold waters are more to cool down rather than relax. Either way Puerto Madryn was the first excellent beach getaway we found. The ball was starting to roll!

What beaches have you been actually in Argentina to add to this list???? 



No comments:

Post a Comment