- Become a scientist... yep it's that easy, they make up the majority of the Antarctic population. Start working on that degree!
- Get another job in Antarctica, Raytheon Jobs are the current top hirer as far as I have read. These jobs ARE NOT easy to get, if you have a master's degree you may at best get a job driving a bus or janitorial duties.
- It is typical to travel there during their summer, December and January.
- Cruise ships is the main tourist way to go, these cruises are incredibly expensive and most only travel to the Antarctic peninsula, you may also try to get a job on the ship.
- Ushuaia, if you live in Argentina, Ushuaia, the southern most city in the world is the gateway to Antarctica, the $10,000 cruises can sometimes go 75% off shortly before if the cruise has not sold out, this is easily the best budget way to go, and I do know a few people who have been lucky enough to do this.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
How to go to Antarctica
Ok so this blog is called 6 of the 7 continents for a reason, I have not been to Antarctica, in fact most seasoned travelers, even the Australians, will never hit the 7th continent. I have heard so many things about it that I will one day go... but that day and dream are far away as the cheapest options to Antarctica for me are around $10,000 USD. But I have read extensively about traveling to the ice, so here are my tips...
Choose the continent!!!!