Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Slovenia Day Trip From Italy


     While I am not a big fan of guided tours I made an exception to do a quick day trip to Slovenia from Trieste! There's several companies that do it, unfortunately I cannot recall which one I used, reminder to myself write TripAdvisor reviews next time for the good companies! This was a short tour as I had plans for Trieste that night, but being so close to another country, we are talking literally about 15 minutes, I decided I had to give it a glance. I'm a big fan of leaving the airport on layovers if you have time, and I always say with that, get a taste of the place. Of course we would love to visit everywhere for a month, but if we just get a little taste, either we can say that was enough, or we might be inspired to come back for more.


    We started in Piran a picturesque little town on the coast as well as Koper, one of the larger cities. Mainly just sight seeing but great visuals for the eyes. I also got to sample some local chocolates which were delicious, and enjoyed a coffee on the main square. 






-From there I made some nice walks along the seaside...



-Visited some historical places!

-Enjoyed local art!


-Equally important, enjoyed local food and wine!


    My tour guide was excellent and also taught me about the history, culture, and funny interesting things of Slovenia, I really wish I remembered the company! I had some time to kill at the end of the tour which was only around 5 hours, so I decided to hang out at the main square by the pier, and take in the scenery as well as one more wine.




     From there it was back to Italy! While this was just a little appetizer of a trip, I genuinely did enjoy it. Its a beautiful country. I should also note this was February, so I didn't go for a swim, but the blue waters looked incredible, and I imagine if I'm back in North East Italy I would surely want to come back to Slovenia in the summer. It's a tiny country, but I'm sure there's a lot more to see... But regardless, I'm glad I made it there, even for the little time I had. After all, how could I not have visited this lovely country? It's the only country in the world, with love in it's name.




No comments:

Post a Comment