Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Planning An International Trip Part III


Continued from part II


     1 month to go!!!! A trip that began as a simple concept is now almost a month long journey by plane, train, snowmobile, and dogs across 1 ocean, 6 countries, and the countless cities, places, and great people we will see in between all of that. I stopped learning Russian as much as I should as school and life got in the way, but back to day to day listening with the Pimsluer system that has been discussed here. A snow mobile and dog sledding excursion has been booked but of course in the days of global warming we are literally being reminded again and again from the company that snow is not guaranteed... in December... In Russia..... Yeahhhh..... All hotels are booked and by the time this article is published the overnight train from Moscow to St Petersburg will also likely be booked. Russian Visa's have been obtained, which by the way, the hardest Visa I've ever had to do, more paperwork than when I was in the NYPD!!! They were also quite expensive $270 each, oh yes, if it has not been mentioned, my friend is back on board that was not coming, he is now, so there will be two of us. Thanks to some contacts on the internet there is sure to be a lot of fun in store, particularly in St. Petersburg. I've even gotten to make some international calls to confirm hotels and excursions and so far my Russian is good enough! I am also working insane over time hours at the firehouse to have spending money for the trip. I have tons of notes, three books, and random digital files that all need to be organized into a neat back pack, oh of course, we only travel with one bag as budget travelers do! But this will be my first one bag trip that requires a ton of winter clothing, it will be a challenge but I'm sure we will figure it out. Since we going over a holiday the only concern now will be what will be closed on New Years Day or the holidays after, but as always with travel, nothing goes as planned, and we plan on nothing going as planned! Just being in Russia will be enough. Sweden, France, and Germany still are blank, we don't even have our hotel for France yet. I need to wait until school is over to put the research into it.... one more month........

Continued here....




Choose the continent!!!!

OR...

No comments:

Post a Comment